Amber Blue loves to talk about how our products have a Fountain of Youth magic spell to them. Our products contain the best possible ingredients for your skin many of which are anti-aging. We know, it seems like everyone says their products are anti-aging, but we promise our ingredients are the absolute best for you and your skin. As an herbalist and aromatherapist, we have spent two years creating our natural and organic recipes to have a product out there that does what it claims. Pure and simple.
So let’s step back, what actually ages your skin?…Let’s get into the “science” of aging skin in this week’s blog post. Enjoy!
Our skin is the outer covering of our body and our largest organ! Because it interfaces with the enviornment, our skin plays a key role in protecting the body against, well everything.
Our skin is made up of three layers:
1. the outermost layer everyone can see, the epidermis
2. the middle layer, the dermis
3. the innermost layer, called the subcutaneous.
The dermis (or the middle layer) gets an A+ for keeping the skin healthy, tight, and moisturized when we are young due to its elastic quality, elastin fibers and little known protein called collagen (we all know about collagen!).
As we age, the dermis begins to degrade accelerating skin aging. You may notice wrinkles, age spot and dryness. Your skin becomes thinner and loses fat, making it less plump and smooth. It might take longer to heal as well.
Having an anti-aging skin care regiment is important if you want to keep your youthful look. Rejuvenating your skin with a proper routine is not difficult, but you need to be consistant if you want to see the results. Incorporating a regimen now, will pay off in the future for your skin. Amber Blue Skincare has a great line for your regiment. Our products are natural and organic and do not contain ingredients that will further damage skin like many mainstream products out there. Instead it contains ingredients that have been around for hundreds of years that have known anti-agining values, moisterizing, protective and plain old good for your skin. Check out all our ingredients here: https://amberblueskincare.wordpress.com/our-ingredients/
Anti-Aging Skin Care Routine
1. Cleanse: Clean your face in the mornings and at night by using Amber Blue’s organic dry face cleanser removing toxins and dirt.
2. Tone: Use our Rosewater toner after you cleanse spraying over the face and neck.
3. Serum: Rub a thin layer of our serum for added nutrients into the deeper layers of your skin that regular moisturizer is not able to reach. Apply after you tone and before you moisturize.
4. Moisturizer: Hydrate the outer layer of your skin with our anti-aging face cream. Apply to both face and neck.
5. Eye Cream: Apply our thicker cream made specifically for the eye area.
6. Follow up with our Amber Blue Lip Balm.
What else could you add to your routine:
Exfoliate 1-2x a week (You can make your own with olive oil and sugar)
Face Mask 1-2x a week (You can make your own with our clay cleanser and adding warm honey)
Until next week,
Amber Blue Skincare